Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions#

Do I need to apply for a new license?

You need to apply for a new liquor license if no license currently exists at the premise you are considering. 

Non- Fermented Malt Beverage Applicants (Hotel-Restaurant, Tavern, Retail Liquor Store, Beer and Wine, Lodging and Entertainment, Brew Pub)

Fermented Malt Beverage (FMB) Applicants

Please contact Aimee Jensen at or 970.221.6315 with any questions.

How do I apply for a liquor license?

To apply for a new liquor license, please scroll visit the New Application page below and follow the checklist provided.

If a liquor license is already at the location you wish to open your business, you may be able to do a transfer of ownership. Scroll down to Transfer of Ownership and follow the document checklist provided.

New Applications

What happens after I submit my application to the City Clerks Office?

Depending on the type of application, you will appear before the Liquor Licensing Authority. Whether or not you appear before the Authority will be determined at the time you submit your completed application. Review these documents for the Liquor Licensing Authority Schedule:

Please allow at least 60 days for all applications. If your application is required to appear before the Liquor Licensing Authority, this time frame could easily be extended. Applications (such as Special Events Permits, Change in Corporation or Limited Liability Company) that are administratively approved require extensive staff review and could take longer than 60 days.

How do I make License Changes?

Please visit the site linked below to make License Changes.

See Here

How do I complete a Manager Registration?

Please visit the site linked below for Manager Registrations.

See Here

How do I apply for a Special Permit?

There are a variety of Special Permits. Please see the link below for more information and instructions.

See Here

How do I renew my Application?

Use this information only if you have misplaced the State form to renew your liquor license.

See Here