Sales Tax Update
September sales tax collections, based on retail sales made in August 2011, but also includes delinquent collections from prior periods.
Due to the .85% tax increase, tax collections are no longer an accurate comparison for year-to-year activity. Instead, the monthly sales and use tax report will also include net taxable amounts, which are the amount of goods sold or purchased that are subject to sales or use tax.
Please visit http://fcgov.com/salestax to read the complete report.
- Net Taxable Subject to Sales Tax: $208.3 million, an increase of 10.6% compared to September 2010.
- Keep Fort Collins Great collections: $1.8 million
- Nationally, August sales tax collections increased 7.2% compared to Fort Collins’ increase of 10.6%.
- Net Taxable Subject to Use Tax: $30.2 million, an increase of 23.4% compared to September 2010.
- Building Permit receipts Increased 116.5 % compared to September 2010.
- Sales Tax Licenses: The City received 91 new applications for sales tax licenses and 28 businesses terminated their licenses in September. There were 10,712 active sales tax licenses at the end of September.