Skip to main content

Special Events

The City of Fort Collins requires a temporary sales tax license for participants in special events (i.e. NewWestFest, etc). A separate temporary sales tax license is needed for each event. However, if you have a permanent City of Fort Collins sales tax license you can report your sales from the special event(s) on your regular sales tax return.

Information for Vendors

If you are participating in a special event in Fort Collins, please follow these steps:

Before Event

After Event

  • Complete the bottom portion of the form with the taxable sales and the 3.85% city sales tax collected. If no tax is due, submit a zero return.
  • Submit the full page return form with your payment to the address indicated. Keep a copy for your records.
  • Payment is due by the 20th of the month following the period of the event.

Information for Event Organizers

  • Notify the Sales Tax Department of the date, location and time of the event, at least ten (10) days prior to the event.
  • Prepare a list of vendors that includes name, e-mail address, mailing address, and phone number for the Sales Tax Department. Deliver the list to the Sales Tax Department at least seven (7) days prior to the event via mail, fax or e-mail.

Answers to Commonly Asked Questions