The City of Fort Collins desires to return unclaimed funds to its rightful owner. The unclaimed funds consist of items such as:
- Uncashed checks for vendor payments
- Balances in terminated Utilities accounts
- Payroll checks
- Other payments or refunds due
How To Claim Listed Funds
Follow the steps below to file a claim:
- Find your name on the unclaimed funds list
- Complete the unclaimed funds form
- Include ID information
- Individuals: Include a copy of your driver license or valid (state of government issued) photo ID
- Businesses: Include a copy of a W9 form showing your Federal Tax ID
- Submit the unclaimed funds form to the Finance department (do not email the forms):
- In person: 215 N. Mason St, 2nd Floor Finance Dept, Fort Collins, CO 80524
- By mail: City of Fort Collins, Accounts Payable, ATTN: Unclaimed Property, PO Box 580, Fort Collins, CO 80522
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I email my claim form?
No. Since the claim form requires a Social Security Number or EIN, we require that you either mail it to City of Fort Collins, Accounts Payable, PO Box 580, Fort Collins CO 80522 or walk into our office at: 215 N. Mason St. Finance Dept, Fort Collins, CO 80524
- How long does it take to get the funds?
Generally speaking, most checks are cut within 30 days. In some cases, the process may take longer depending upon the amount of the check and the identify verification materials provided.
- How often is the unclaimed funds list updated?
Once a month.