Electric Lawn and Garden Equipment Replacement Incentives#
2023 Lawnmower Rebate Information
The Regional Air Quality Council's Mow Down Pollution lawnmower exchange program is available for Fort Collins residents and generally accepts applications April-September of each year and during special promotions until funding has been expended. Please read below for more information.
Mow Down Pollution Equipment Exchange Program#
YOU have the power to help clean up the air! Gas-powered lawn mowers emit greenhouse gases and contribute to ground-level ozone pollution. Electric mowers are quiet, start instantly, and don’t require gas, engine oil, fuel filters and other related maintenance. And, there are no fumes to breathe as you are mowing your lawn!
The Regional Air Quality Council's (RAQC) Mow Down Pollution (MDP) program generally accepts applications beginning in late April or May for vouchers toward the purchase of a new electric lawnmower in partnership with local retailers.
NEW! for 2023:
- Voucher Options:
- $75 voucher for handheld electric equipment (e.g., string trimmer, leaf blower): Recycling of a gas powered item is mandatory.
- $75 voucher for electric lawn mower: No recycling is necessary, as we want to encourage eco-friendliness.
- $150 voucher for electric lawn mower: Recycling of a gas mower is required.
- Fort Collins Participating Retailers (visit www.mowdownpollution.org for locations outside of Fort Collins):
- The Home Depot--both Fort Collins locations
- Ace Hardware--only the Harmony location
Visit www.mowdownpollution.org for the latest program information. This program is not managed by the City of Fort Collins and questions related to the program should be directed to MowDownPollution@raqc.org. However, if you find yourself not getting the service or response you need, we are happy to help and feel free to email Jason Komes, Senior Environmental Specialist, at email@example.com.
For more information about the RAQC program, please contact the RAQC directly via their website. For other air quality related matters, contact Jason Komes | Senior Environmental Specialist | 970-416-4235 | firstname.lastname@example.org.