Check out our online WikiMap, a map-based tool for you to give us your input. Show us where you ride, problem areas, recommended locations for bike parking and bike share stations, and upload photos.
Bicycle Master Plan
The City is developing a comprehensive Bicycle Master Plan to shape the future of bicycling in Fort Collins. This plan will build upon all of the great things about biking in Fort Collins and will establish a blueprint for realizing a world-class city for cycling, where people of all ages and abilities can safely and comfortably ride a bicycle. To stay informed and get the latest news, please subscribe to Momentum, our e-newsletter about biking in Fort Collins.
HELP SHAPE THE BICYCLE MASTER PLAN!
We value your input and involvement in this plan. We are currently collecting data and analyzing the existing bicycle network.
Bicycle Master Plan Open House
Wed. March 12
4-7 pm (drop-in anytime)
Lincoln Center, Columbine Room
417 W. Magnolia St
Join us to:
- Learn about the Bicycle Master Plan
- Explore innovative strategies to create a low-stress environment for bicycling
- Provide input through FUN activities about where you ride, where you would like to ride, and how we can create a more bike-friendly community
- Win great door prizes and enjoy a cash bar!
For more information, view the Open House Handout.
Over the course of 2014, the City of Fort Collins will work with the community to develop a new Bicycle Master Plan for the city. Our recent designation as a Platinum Bicycle Friendly Community by the League of American Bicyclists, presents a unique opportunity for the community to help shape a vision and recommendations for growing bicycling and improving safety across the city.
Through data-driven analysis and a comprehensive and inclusive public outreach strategy, the Fort Collins Bicycle Master Plan will integrate existing city plans, best practices and innovative thinking and will revise the City’s proposed bicycle network, wayfinding strategies, bicycle facility design recommendations and guidelines, as well as policy and programmatic recommendations. In addition, a Bike Share Business Plan will be developed through this process (more information available here).
The goals of the Bicycle Master Plan are:
- To improve our bicycle infrastructure to increase comfort, safety, and ridership
- To make data-driven and action-oriented recommendations and to establish a baseline for measurement moving forward
- To create an integrated network of various modes of travel: bicycle, pedestrian, and transit
- To create an integrated, low stress bicycle network that connects to the regional system
- To improve safety for all modes of travel
- To foster community through collaboration
DownloadsBicycle Education & Safety Plan
2011 | 66 pgs | 1MBicycle Education & Safety Plan Summary
2011 | 8 pgs | 4.6MBicycle Plan
2008 | 156 pgs | 18MLeague of American Bicyclists Feedback Report
2013 | 6 pgs | 729K
The Bicycle Master Plan will be developed over the course of 2014 with anticipated City Council adoption in late 2014. Public outreach will occur throughout the planning period.
Past Events & Outreach
In late-2013, the City conducted community bicycle rides (FC Rides!) to learn from residents about perceptions and barriers around bicycling. In addition, an online survey soliciting over 1,000 responses provided extensive input about bicycling in Fort Collins. Summaries of the online survey findings and the community bikes rides will be available in February 2014.
Tessa Greegor | FC Bikes Program Manager | 970-416-2471 |