Fort Collins Police Services offers a superb salary and benefits package in a profession delivering incomparable job satisfaction, camaraderie, and excitement.
Details of the salary and benefits package are listed below:
2018 Police Officer Salary Information
Fort Collins Police Services offers a competitive salary range. Top pay is typically attained within three years of employment.
- Non-POST Certified Entry Level - $62,698
- Post Certified Officers - $72,722
- Lateral Officer Pay Program - $77,772
- Top level - $85,332
POST certified (or serving in another state and eligible for Colorado POST certification) are also eligible for a onetime 40 hour award time (time off) bank in addition to the existing vacation and holiday time benefits.
Non-POST certified applicants are eligible for a onetime 20 hour award time (time off) bank in addition to the existing vacation and holiday time benefits upon hire.
Lateral Officer Entry Pay Program
If you are currently serving as a full time police officer, have been for at least three years at time of hire, and are eligible for Colorado POST certification, you may qualify for the Lateral Entry Pay Program. Qualified candidates will start at the level (4) pay rate, which is currently $77,772. Qualified Lateral Entry Officers are also eligible for a onetime 80 hour award time (time off) bank in addition to the existing vacation and holiday time benefits.
- 80 hours of Holiday time each year
- If you work on a holiday you can be paid 2 1/2 times your normal pay
- You can earn up to 60 hours of award time a year through fitness testing and not utilizing sick days
- Entry Level Officer earn 15 vacation days a year
- Money Purchase Plan (401k) employee contribution of 8.5% with matching funds of 8.5%, fully vested after 3 years
- Deferred Compensation Plan(457) with matching funds up to 3%
- Retirement Health Care Savings Plan
- One to one take home car program
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision coverage for family
- Life Insurance/ Optional family coverage
- Uniforms and cleaning provided
- All equipment provided, including firearm.
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $1500 a year for college courses at accredited schools