Fort Collins Police Services offers a superb salary and benefits package in a profession delivering incomparable job satisfaction, camaraderie, and excitement.
Details of the salary and benefits package are listed below:
2018 Police Officer Salary Information
Fort Collins Police Services offers a competitive salary range. Top pay is typically attained within three years of employment.
- Non-POST Certified Entry Level - $62,698
- Post Certified Officers - $72,722
- Lateral Officer Pay Program - $77,772
- Top level - $85,332
POST certified (or serving in another state and eligible for Colorado POST certification) are also eligible for a onetime 40 hour award time (time off) bank in addition to the existing vacation and holiday time benefits.
Non-POST certified applicants are eligible for a onetime 20 hour award time (time off) bank in addition to the existing vacation and holiday time benefits upon hire.
Lateral Officer Entry Pay Program
An officer is considered a Lateral Hire if they meet the following criteria at the time of hiring:
- They are a fully certified police officer in the state of Colorado or another state and are able to meet the Colorado POST requirements for certified officer; and
- They have served as a full-time police officer for a minimum of two years; and
- They have been employed in good standing within one year of the application date as a full-time police officer.
- 80 hours of Holiday time each year
- If you work on a holiday you can be paid 2 1/2 times your normal pay
- You can earn up to 60 hours of award time a year through fitness testing and not utilizing sick days
- Entry Level Officer earn 15 vacation days a year
- Money Purchase Plan (401k) employee contribution of 8.5% with matching funds of 8.5%, fully vested after 3 years
- Deferred Compensation Plan(457) with matching funds up to 3%
- Retirement Health Care Savings Plan
- One to one take home car program
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision coverage for family
- Life Insurance/ Optional family coverage
- Uniforms and cleaning provided
- All equipment provided, including firearm.
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $1500 a year for college courses at accredited schools