Fort Collins Police Services offers a superb salary and benefits package in a profession delivering incomparable job satisfaction, camaraderie, and excitement.
Details of the salary and benefits package are listed below.
2023 Police Officer Salary Information#
Fort Collins Police Services offers a competitive salary range. Top pay is typically attained within 3.5 years of employment (2 to 3 years for Lateral and POST certified hires).
- Non-POST Certified Entry Level - $77,299
- Post Certified Officers - $89,657
- Lateral Officer Pay Program - $95,882
- Top level - $105,205
Non-POST certified applicants - bonus 20-hours of award time off in addition to the existing vacation and holiday time
POST-certified applicants (Non-Lateral) - bonus 40-hours of award time off in addition to the existing vacation and holiday time
Lateral applicants - bonus 80-hours of award time off in addition to the existing vacation and holiday time
Lateral Officer Entry Pay Program#
An officer is considered a Lateral Hire if they meet the following criteria at the time of hiring:
- They are a fully certified police officer in the state of Colorado or another state and are able to meet the Colorado POST requirements for certified officer; and
- They have served as a full-time police officer for a minimum of two years; and
- They have been employed in good standing within one year of the application date as a full-time police officer.
- FCPS Fitness Program employees receive up to 20 hours of award time twice yearly
- FCPS Stress Awareness and Management Program employees receive up to 10 hours of award time twice yearly
- Zero Sick Time Program employees receive up to 10 hours of award time twice yearly
- New Hire One Time Bonus employees receive 20-80 hours of award time
- Holiday Time employees receive 80 hours of holiday time each year in addition to Vacation time
- Worked City Holidays employees can be paid 2.5 times their normal pay
- Entry Level Officer receives 15 vacation days a year
- Money Purchase Plan (401k) employee contribution of 8.5% with City contribution of 11%, fully vested after 3 years
- Deferred Compensation Plan(457) with matching funds up to 3%
- Retirement Health Care Savings Plan
- One to one take home car program
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision coverage for family
- Life Insurance/ Optional family coverage
- Uniforms and dry cleaning provided
- All equipment provided, including firearm.
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $1500 a year for college courses at accredited schools