HomeWise: Helping Your Employees Find Health, Safety, Comfort and Savings
HomeWise is an employee sustainability benefit program that helps employers connect employees to City programs that improve their health, safety, comfort and savings. The program is based on the Clinton Climate Initiative’s HEAL program and is operated in partnership with Vermont Energy Investment Corporation (VEIC). If your business would like to participate in HomeWise, or if you have additional questions, please contact the Green Building Coordinator (contact information at right).
Benefits of HomeWise:
1. Better health and comfort for your employees
- Ensuring a home is efficient and well-sealed, and removing dust, dander, and other pollutants, can reduce allergies, asthma, respiratory and skin conditions, and other health effects.
2. Financial benefits
- Energy savings will last the life of the home, and typically also increase its value. For many homeowners, the gap between being able to complete a project or not is often a matter of just a few hundred dollars. When an employer helps cover the gap, they can in effect give that employee a raise (through energy savings).
3. Commitment to sustainability
- Help your employees be sustainable at home.
- Programs are designed to be user-friendly, simple, and effective, with rigorous quality controls.
- This simplicity and access is critical: in the HEAL program, 64% of participants would not have made the improvements without HEAL.
- Employers can access aggregate data (at least 20 participants are needed) about the sustainability interests of employees.
4. Local economy and jobs
- Energy efficiency upgrades always require skilled, local workers. By completing an upgrade, employees are keeping money and jobs in the community.
- 94% of participating HEAL employees viewed their employers more positively for offering the program, and 82% said it made for a better workplace (Source: Clinton Climate Initiative).
|HomeWise level||Employer participation requirements||
Recommended additional actions
|Silver - 1 ClimateWise point (2 total)||
|Gold - 2 ClimateWise points (3 total)||
Silver level plus:
|Platinum - 3 ClimateWise points (4 total)||
Silver level plus: