It is time to explore in The Gardens! Join us for garden story time, movement or song plus a hands-on nature inspired activity. Specifically designed to connect young learners to their natural world, this program promotes the development of school readiness skills including early language comprehension, fine and gross motor skills, creativity, and multicultural understandings. This is a parent/caregiver participation class.
Read & Seed is included in admission or free for children covered by a membership. Registration is required. Walk-ins welcome, but we cannot guarantee a space. If you are a MEMBER, you must please log in/sign in to get the Member Discount.
Sessions are Monday and Tuesday 10:15 a.m. -11:00 a.m. and 11:15 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Week of Dec 2: Caterpillars with the Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
- Week of Dec 9: Balancing Butterflies with Magnificent Monarchs by Linda Glaser
- Dec 16-30: *No Read and Seed*
- January 13-14: Penguin Pinecones with Pinecone and Penguin by Salina Yoon
- January 21 (No Read and Seed Monday): Squirrel Feeders with Those Darn Squirrels by Adam Rubin
- January 27-28: Snow Goggles with The Snow Day by Ezra Jack Keats
- February 3-4: Evergreen Trees with Where Would I Be in an Evergreen Tree? By Jennifer Blomgren
- February 10-11: Vegetable Valentines with Will You Be My Valentine by Cynthia Rylant
- February 18 (No Read and Seed Monday): Planting Seeds of Kindness with If you Plant a Seed by Marion Dane Bauer
- February 24-25: Spring Tulips with My Garden by Kevin Henkes
- March 3 (No Read and Seed Monday): Sensory Hunt with Soft and Smooth, Rough and Bumpy by Dana Meachen Rau
- March 9-10: Moovin’ and Groovin’ with Over and Under the Snow by Kate Messner
(No Read and Seed March 16th and 17th for Spring Break)
- March 23-24: Little White Ducks with I’m a Duck! By Teri Sloat
- March 30-31: Doughnut Seeds! With April Fools Phyllis by Susanna Leonardo