Your Account Your Account
Start or Stop Utility Service Start or Stop Utility Service
Contact Us Contact Us
Replace filters, clean evaporator and condenser coils and verify proper operation of the economizer on air handlers.
Building Energy Scoring
Utility costs can be one of the largest expenses of a business. Energy scoring and benchmarking can provide ways to manage these expenses and help owners, property managers and tenants:
- understand their building’s energy use
- establish a baseline for tracking and identifying opportunities to reduce energy-related costs
Other Efficiency Programs
Utilities’ offers free assessments, rebates and incentives, technical assistance, training and education to support reductions in energy use.
Benchmarking helps building owners and property managers understand their facilities' energy use and identify opportunities to reduce energy-related costs.
Comparing the energy performance of one building to that of a similar facility also allows commercial real estate professionals, property managers, owners, investors and tenants to:
- evaluate the highest-performing, lowest-operating cost options
- monitor building performance in the marketplace
Utilities’ Building Energy Scoring initiative uses the ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager, a free online tool developed by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for energy scoring and benchmarking.
To get started:
- Create a free Portfolio Manager account.
- Collect building data.
- Contact Utilities to request building energy data for the past two years.
- Learn how to access your Xcel energy-use data.
- Enter building data into the Portfolio Manager and start tracking its energy performance.
- View How To Use Spreadsheet Upload Templates.
Contact us with questions.
Keep Going With a Facility Assessment
Your energy score indicates how your building compares to peer facilities locally and nationwide. After you start benchmarking, your next step is to identify which improvements can boost your score.
Sign up today for a free facility assessment to learn how your business can improve efficiency by cutting energy and water costs.
- Building Energy Scoring recognition through ClimateWise
- Fort Collins' buildings with ENERGY STAR certification
- Free verification of ENERGY STAR applications in Colorado
- Colorado Energy Office
- Colorado Database of State Incentives for Renewables & Efficiency®
- Assist local commercial customers, building owners and property managers to score and benchmark their buildings.
- Work with City Council to determine the next steps relating to the Building Energy Scoring initiative. Check this page periodically for updates.
- Ask your landlord about utility costs and how your energy use compares to similar buildings.
Contact us for more information.
Fort Collins Utilities Environmental Planner