Contact Information Contact Information
- General Caseload:
7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Mon-Fri
(Closed 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m daily)
Normal CRRL Business Hours:
7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Mon-Thu
9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Fri
(Closed 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m daily)
Municipal Court Closure
The City of Fort Collins Municipal Court is open for scheduled hearings including arraignments, Bond Return Hearing, all types of pre-trial conferences, trials, Show Cause Hearings, etc.. When you appear for your hearing, please use the north entrance and proceed through security screening.
Beginning May 4th through May 29th, the Municipal Court will be open for hearings during the following times:
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays: 8:00 -11:00 AM and 12:30 – 3:30 PM
- Tuesdays and Fridays: only for scheduled video hearings with Larimer County Jail and specific hearings/trials
This information will be updated when necessary so please check back just before your scheduled hearing date.
The City’s Administration Building (215 N Mason St.) in which the Clerks’ Office is located off of the 1st floor lobby remains closed. Please call or email the Clerks’ Office for general questions.
Please be patient. The Court is taking appropriate measures to ensure the health and well-being of its employees and community members. As we strive to keep everyone healthy and safe, all Court processes and hearings will take longer than usual.
Email is the preferred mode of communication at this point. Please be sure that your message includes your name, date of birth, telephone number, mailing address, case or citation number, and your current court date.
Information on appearing for your hearing:
- Use the north entrance to 215 N. Mason to enter the building and go through security screening.
- You are required to bring and wear a mask when inside the building.
- Physical distancing must be maintained and only 10 people will be allowed within any room in the Court space.
- Only the defendant (plus one parent if the defendant is a minor) will be allowed into the building.
- If you have minor children or companions that need to appear with you, please contact the Court at PGFjbGFzcz0=">Y291cnRAZmNnb3YuY29t for alternative options.
- If you are represented by an attorney, please have your attorney contact the Court at PGFjbGFzcz0=">Y291cnRAZmNnb3YuY29t for information on hearing processes.
- No backpacks, large bags, weapons or items that can be used as weapons are allowed in the building. Please make arrangements to store your items prior to attending Court.
- Information on staggered arraignment hearing times will be sent to the address listed on your citation one week prior to your hearing; email the Court if you have not received your notice.
- The Prosecution Team has agreed to extend all early payment point discounts until the originally scheduled arraignment date listed on a citation. If you would like to pay one of these violations and accept the reduced points, you must do so prior to the appearance date listed on your citation.
- The prosecution team will only meet remotely with individuals when they request pre-trial conferences.
The preferred method of payment of any fines or costs due is by debt or credit card.
Information on alternative options for arraignment hearings:
- If you would like to plead guilty or not contest without appearing, please email the court a copy of your ID, complete contact information, and a copy of (or information regarding) your citation to PGFjbGFzcz0=">Y291cnRAZmNnb3YuY29t
- If you would like to request a prosecutor review your case prior to your scheduled hearing, please email the court a copy of your ID, complete contact information, and a copy of (or information regarding) your citation to PGFjbGFzcz0=">Y291cnRAZmNnb3YuY29t. A prosecutor will then review your case file and may email you an alternative offer/plea-agreement. When you receive an offer, you will be given a two-week deadline to accept the offer and make payment or payment arrangements or reject the offer and set your case for trial. If you fail to meet the deadline, the offer will be withdrawn and your case will be defaulted or a warrant for failure to appear created.
TRAFFIC AND PARKING CASES (other than Camera Radar/Red Light):
If you have a traffic infraction and an early settlement/payment discount offer on your citation, the prosecution has agreed that you may accept the offer and pay the citation without court costs through your arraignment date by paying online at www.fcgov.com/tickets-fines. If, instead, you wish to postpone your case and have not already been notified of a new court date, you may contact the Court Clerk (see above).
CAMERA RADAR / RED LIGHT CASES:
The CRRL office is closed to the public. For information on viewing a video of the incident, please refer to the citation you received in the mail. There will be a Clerk available to respond to your emails and phone calls. Please call (970) 221-6867 during the normal business hours for the CRRL office (Mon-Thurs 7:30 AM – 2:30 PM and Fri 9:30 AM – 4:30 PM, closed for lunch 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM). The preferred mode of communication is email at this point. If you wish to file a motion on your case or pay your violation, please go online to www.fcgov.com/tickets-fines. Payments can also be made by calling (970) 658-4112.
Cases for Defendants being held at the Larimer County Jail will be handled on a case-by-case basis and by video hearing as usual and necessary. Prosecutors and Court-appointed Defense Counsel will be allowed in the courtroom for those video hearings.
ALL OTHER CASES:
If your case is not a traffic or parking ticket and you are not in custody, please email the Court Clerk to have your case continued to another date when the court is reopened to the public.
During the temporary closure of the Fort Collins Municipal Court, the prosecution team is offering telephone and/or electronic pre-trial conferences for defendants who want to attempt to resolve pending cases. If you would like to speak with a prosecutor prior to your scheduled arraignment date, please email your name, date of birth, preferred contact (phone number or email), and any citation information you have along with a statement requesting to speak with a prosecutor to Y291cnRAZmNnb3YuY29t. A court clerk will email you an advisement form to review, sign, then email back to the court. Once received, a member of the prosecution team will then attempt to contact you by phone or email. If a resolution is offered, the prosecutor will contact the Court to send out paperwork that will need to be completed by you and returned to the Court prior to your scheduled date. If you do not return the completed paperwork and make payment or payment arrangements (if applicable), you will still be required to appear on your scheduled arraignment date.
COURT-APPOINTED DEFENSE COUNSEL:
If you are represented by Court-appointed Defense Counsel, contact your attorney regarding the status of your case.
PROBATION / SPECIAL AGENCY SESSION:
If you are on probation and/or participating in the Special Agency Session, scheduled appointments will be conducted by telephone at your scheduled time. If you have any questions, please call (970) 416-8003 to speak with the Probation Officer (Bernadette) or (970) 221-6649 for the SAS Case Manager (Andrea). You will be informed of any postponed Court hearings related to your case.
MOTIONS, FILINGS, COURT REQUESTS, PROOF OF CLASS OR COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS:
If you have a motion, filing, court request, proof of completion of a class or community service hours, you may email it (see above), fax it to the court at (970) 416-2162 or mail it to the court:
Fort Collins Municipal Court
PO Box 580
Fort Collins, CO 80522
Again, email is preferred.
If you have been assigned to complete an education class, online classes through Court approved vendors are authorized for defendants to take until further notice. Please email your proof of compliance and required essay to Y291cnRAZmNnb3YuY29t.
If you have a payment due (early settlement, payment plan, 14-day notice to pay, etc.), payment can still be made:
- online through nCourt at fcgov.com/tickets-fines (preferred method),
- by mail with check or certified funds, or
- call (970) 658-4112 (Mon-Fri, 6 AM-6 PM and Sat-Sun, 8 AM-12 PM)
If you need more time to pay, you will need to email a request to the Court (see above). If you have concerns about your ability to pay your fines/costs without it causing hardship to you or your family, please fill out a Petition of Indigence located in the forms section of the Court's web page (see link above) and email it to Y291cnRAZmNnb3YuY29t prior to your scheduled court date..
If you have an active warrant that you are trying to address, please email or call the Court Clerk (see above) who will be able to discuss options for your case(s).
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Instructions for Requesting to Plead Guilty/No Contest without Appearance
If you would like to request that you be allowed to plead guilty or no contest to violation without having to appear in court and pay the fines/fees associated with your case, please complete the following steps.
- Please email the Court at Y291cnRAZmNnb3YuY29t. In your email, please list your name, date of birth, citation information (a copy or photo of the citation is preferred) and contact information (address and telephone number)
- The Clerks' Office will email you a Request to Plead Guilty/No Contest form and an advisement form for you to complete and return to the Court along with a clear copy of your ID
- Once received, a Judge will review your request and make a decision on your case
- The Clerks' Office will contact you by email with the Judge's decision, payment information, and the timeline for your payment
If you would like to contest your violation, you will need to appear in person on your scheduled arraignment date. Please email the Court (see above) to confirm your appearance date.
The Fort Collins Municipal Court is responsible for administering the operation of the judicial branch of City government according to the ordinance adopted by City Council. Cases adjudicated in Municipal Court include traffic violations, misdemeanors, petty offenses, and civil infractions. Generally, cases are brought to Municipal Court by Fort Collins Police Services, Colorado State University Police Department, other City departments and private residents.
Chief Judge Kathleen M. Lane
Monthly Staff Meetings
The Clerks' Office and CRRL Clerk's Office open late on the 1st Tuesday and 3rd Friday of each month due to staff training.
On the 1st Tuesday of each month, the office hours are:
- Clerks' Office hours- 9:00AM to 11:30AM and 12:30PM to 4:30PM
- CRRL Clerk's Office hours-9:00AM to 11:30AM and 12:30PM to 2:30PM
On the 3rd Friday of each month, the office hours are
- Clerks' Office hours- 9:00AM to 11:30AM and 12:30PM to 4:30PM
- CRRL Clerk's Office hours-9:30AM to 11:30AM and 12:30PM to 4:30PM
General Caseload Information
Please review the hours of operation and contact information listed just to the right of this statement. The Court's offices are located in the City of Fort Collins' Administration Building on the north west corner of Laporte Ave. and Mason St., directly across the street from the North Transit Center.
If you have received a citation from one of the enforcement groups listed in the statement above and are scheduled for court, please use the north entrace to the building to go through security screening prior to your hearing. The building opens for business at 7:30AM. Access to the building prior to its opening is not allowed. If you want to pay a non-mandatory court citation prior to the scheduled court date, make payments after your appearance in court, file motions, or turn in any condition compliance paperwork, please use the east or west entrance to the building and go into the Clerks' Office.
Parking in the downtown area is very limited with some spaces only useable for short periods of time. The City's Civil Center Parking structure is located diagonally from the Administration Building on the south east corner of Laporte Ave. and Mason St. For your information, parking in the structure must be paid for when you park your vehicle, not when your vehcle leaves the structure. Court hearings in general last at least 2 hours and often last up to 4 hours depending on the number of cases scheduled. Please consider this when parking your vehicle.
General caseload telephone customer service hours are Monday through Thursday, 8:00AM to 11:00AM and 1:00PM until 4:00PM. Friday telephone customer service hours are 9:30AM to 11:00AM and 1:00PM until 4:00PM.
Camera Radar/Red Light Clerk's Office Information
The CRRL Clerk's office is located within the Municipal Court Clerks' office in the City of Fort Collins' Administration Building, 215 North Mason St. These citations are issued by Fort Collins Police Services and mailed directly to individuals. Please review the hours of operation and contact information listed on your summons and also listed above. The CRRL Clerk is only available to assist customers during these limited office hours. The CRRL Clerk's telephone customer service hours are as follows:
- Mon-Thur, 7:30-11:30 a.m. and 12:30-2:30 p.m.
- Fri 9:30-11:30 a.m. and 12:30-4:30 p.m.