Retail Marijuana Store Location Criteria
(These location criteria DO NOT apply to cultivation facilities or marijuana product manufacturing facilities.)
Pursuant to Section 15-615 of the City Code, a retail marijuana store cannot be:
- Within one thousand (1,000) feet of any private or public preschool, elementary, secondary, vocational or trade school, college or university;
- Within one thousand (1,000) feet of any public playground;
- Within five hundred (500) feet of:
- any child care center;
- any place of worship or religious assembly;
- any public park, pool or recreation facility; or
- any juvenile or adult halfway house, correctional facility or substance abuse rehabilitation or treatment center; or
- Within the boundaries of any R-U-L, U-E, R-F, R-L, L-M-N, M-M-N, N-C-L, N-C-M, N-C-B or H-M-N residential zone district;
- In a residential unit, except as permitted under Section 3.8.3 of the Land Use Code;
- Within 500 feet of a residential unit; or
- Within one-thousand (1,000) feet of another medical marijuana or retail marijuana store.
The distances described above shall be computed by direct measurement in a straight line from the nearest property line of the parcel of land on which the protected use is located to the nearest portion of the building or unit in which the proposed retail marijuana store would be located.
The location criteria above does not apply to a retail marijuana store that will be located on premises for which a medical marijuana center license has been issued as of March 28, 2014, or for which a medical marijuana center license application was pending as of March 28, 2014.
A previously licensed medical marijuana center that seeks to change locations and that applies for and receives a retail marijuana store license is subject to the location requirements above.
For more detailed information about zoning restrictions, visit our interactive zoning map.
Search by Point on Map
- Click on "Point Identify" icon in the upper left of the screen
- Click on area of the map to learn about permitted zones for that location
- Information about Zoning Permits will appear to the left of the screen
- Zoom in and tap on the map to get information about what the Zoning permits.
Search by Address
- Click on "Tasks" tab in the upper left of the screen
- Click on the "Search by Address" icon
- Enter the exact address
- Click "Point Identify" icon to display Zoning Specific information
- Tap on the "I want to..." menu
- Tap on "Find Location by Address"
- Enter the exact address and tap on "Search"
- Tap on the returned parcel information on the left side of the screen - this will show the location of the address on the map
- Tap on the map at this location to get information about what the Zoning permits
- Provide any legal advice, including whether or not a business model may or may not work in Fort Collins. Please read the state and local laws and consult your own attorney.
- Make recommendations regarding the purchase of marijuana from particular businesses.
- Direct you to owners that may be interested in selling their business(es).