In Fort Collins, there are limitations on medical marijuana licenses as follows:
- There may only be one licensed medical marijuana store for every 500 registered patients in Larimer County. This limitation does not apply to businesses that received a local license to operate prior to November 1, 2011.
- The number of licenses in Fort Collins currently exceeds the license cap, and no new applications for medical marijuana stores are being accepted.
- There is no limit on the number of medical marijuana products manufacturer licenses in Fort Collins.
- Licenses for medical marijuana cultivation facilities supplying marijuana to licensed medical stores (under the same ownership) anywhere in Colorado are being accepted.
- Social Equity Applicants: Must FIRST submit a finding of suitability application with MED. Please do NOT submit any regulated marijuana business license application (including for an Accelerator License) until you have been found suitable as a Social Equity Licensee.
Please refer to the application forms page for the local application checklists and application information to start this process.
Active/Approved Medical Marijuana Licenses#
- Medical Marijuana Stores: 11
- Medical Marijuana Cultivation Facilities: 8
- Medical Marijuana Products Manufacturer: 3
- Medical Marijuana Testing Facilities: 0
- Medical Marijuana Business Operators: 0
- Marijuana Research and Development Facilities: 0
- Provide any legal advice, including whether or not a business model may or may not work in Fort Collins. Please read the state and local laws and consult your own attorney.
- Make recommendations regarding the purchase of marijuana from particular businesses.
- Direct you to owners that may be interested in selling their business(es).