In Fort Collins, there are limitations on medical marijuana licenses as follows:
- There may only be one licensed medical marijuana store for every 500 registered patients in Larimer County. This limitation does not apply to businesses that received a local license to operate prior to November 1, 2011.
- The number of licenses in Fort Collins currently exceeds the license cap, and no new applications for medical marijuana stores are being accepted.
- There is no limit on the number of medical marijuana products manufacturer licenses in Fort Collins.
- Licenses for medical marijuana cultivation facilities supplying marijuana to licensed medical stores (under the same ownership) anywhere in Colorado are being accepted.
Please refer to the application forms page for the local application checklists and application information to start this process.
Active/Approved Medical Marijuana Licenses#
- Medical Marijuana Stores: 11
- Medical Marijuana Cultivation Facilities: 9
- Medical Marijuana Products Manufacturer: 2
- Medical Marijuana Testing Facilities: 0
- Medical Marijuana Business Operators: 0
- Marijuana Research and Development Facilities: 0
- Provide any legal advice, including whether or not a business model may or may not work in Fort Collins. Please read the state and local laws and consult your own attorney.
- Make recommendations regarding the purchase of marijuana from particular businesses.
- Direct you to owners that may be interested in selling their business(es).