Skip to main content

Protesting a Proposed Ballot Title#

Any registered elector in the City may protest a proposed ballot title and/or submission clause for any initiated or referred measure. To do so, the elector must file a notice of protest (fillable pdf) with the City Clerk no later than noon on the Monday immediately preceding the date of City Council consideration of the ordinance or resolution setting the ballot title and submission clause.

The protest shall be heard, considered and resolved by the Council prior to the adoption of the ordinance or resolution.