January 2013 transactions are the basis for the February report. Please note that payments received in February are predominately from January sales but also include delinquent collections from prior periods.
- Sales Tax Budget to Actual: $6.9 million, 4.5% over February 2012. Sales tax collections were $119K more than the amount budgeted. Year to date, the City as collected 1.4% more sales tax revenue than budgeted, for a net gain of $233K.
- Nationally, January sales tax collections increased 4.4% compared to the increase in Fort Collins of 4.5%.
- Use Tax Budget to Actual Excluding Rebates: $1.4 million, an increase of 57.5% compared to last February. Use tax collections were $30K less than anticipated, or the amount budgeted. Year to date, the City has collected 4.8% more use tax revenue than budgeted for a net gain of $118K.
- Building Permit receipts increased 42.1% compared to February 2012.
- Sales Tax Licenses: The City received 84 new applications for sales tax licenses and 84 businesses terminated their licenses in February. There were 10,838 active sales tax licenses at the end of February.
The next sales tax report will be released April 10. Read the full report at fcgov.com/salestax.