Sales Tax update
March sales tax collections are based on retail sales made in February 2012, and also includes delinquent collections from prior periods.
Due to the .85% tax increase, tax collections are no longer an accurate comparison for year-to-year activity. Instead, the monthly sales and use tax report will also include net taxable amounts, which are the amount of goods sold or purchased that are subject to sales or use tax.
Please visit http://www.fcgov.com/salestax to read the complete report.
- Net Taxable Subject to Sales Tax: $177 million, a decrease of 1.6% compared to March 2011.
- Keep Fort Collins Great collections: $1.6 million
- Nationally, February sales tax collections increased 6.5% compared to the decrease in Fort Collins of 1.6%.
- Net Taxable Subject to Use Tax: $41.1 million, an increase of 74.7% compared to March 2011.
- Building Permit receipts increased 42% compared to March 2011.
- Sales Tax Licenses: The City received 107 new applications for sales tax licenses and 58 businesses terminated their licenses in March. There were 10,611 active sales tax licenses at the end of March.