Interested in authoring the next chapter in City Park's history?
Are you available both March 7 & 8?
Then we need you to help plan the future of City Park.
Apply to join our community engaged design workshop below.
Applications due by 2/1. Paper copies available at Park Planning Admin Office (215 N. Mason, 3rd Floor).
Questions? Call 970.416.2192.
City Park Tomorrow
City Park has provided Fort Collins residents a place to recreate, reflect and celebrate for over 105 years. It was designed under the influence of the City Beautiful movement to reflect a pastoral style of broad green spaces defined by majestic groves of trees. The future refresh of City Park will respect the park’s history while considering the park’s future needs and potential. In 2018, the design process for City Park refresh improvements will begin. Design efforts will build on, and be responsive to the previous analysis, design, and public input. Additional community feedback opportunities will be incorporated into the design process in 2018. This website will provide City Park refresh related information and updates during this process.
In the News
- “Is City Park Getting a Makeover?” 99.9 The Point, June 7, 2018
- “Fort Collins plans major changes, new features at historic City Park,” The Coloradoan, June 3, 2018
- “How City Park could be transformed,” The Coloradoan (video), June 1, 2018
- “City Park’s Future” The Coloradoan, March 16, 2016
- “Boardwalk, partial road closure among City Park proposals,” The Coloradoan, March 15, 2016
- “Fort Collins is reviewing concepts for improving the 104-year-old park,” The Coloradoan (video), March 15, 2016
- “Fort Collins Seeks Public Input on City Park”, The Coloradoan, March 2, 2016
- “In the City: City Park is a historic treasure,” The Coloradoan, November 24, 2015
- “City Park has full history, good future,” The Coloradoan, April 5, 2015
- 2018 – Design / Identify Phase 1 Project / Community Feedback