City Park Tomorrow
City Park has provided Fort Collins residents a place to recreate, reflect and celebrate for over 105 years. It was designed under the influence of the City Beautiful movement to reflect a pastoral style of broad green spaces defined by majestic groves of trees. The future refresh of City Park will respect the park’s history while considering the park’s future needs and potential. In 2018, the design process for City Park refresh improvements will begin. Design efforts will build on, and be responsive to the previous analysis, design, and public input. Additional community feedback opportunities will be incorporated into the design process in 2018. This website will provide City Park refresh related information and updates during this process.
We need your feedback
Complete the survey to help us understand the Communities thoughts on City Park Tomorrow. If you have additional thoughts, suggestions, ideas, do not hesitate to continue down the page to Additional Feedback to send your comments to us.
Have any additional ideas, thoughts or comments you would like to share with us? Click on the link below and let us know!
In the News
- “Is City Park Getting a Makeover?” 99.9 The Point, June 7, 2018
- “Fort Collins plans major changes, new features at historic City Park,” The Coloradoan, June 3, 2018
- “How City Park could be transformed,” The Coloradoan (video), June 1, 2018
- “City Park’s Future” The Coloradoan, March 16, 2016
- “Boardwalk, partial road closure among City Park proposals,” The Coloradoan, March 15, 2016
- “Fort Collins is reviewing concepts for improving the 104-year-old park,” The Coloradoan (video), March 15, 2016
- “Fort Collins Seeks Public Input on City Park”, The Coloradoan, March 2, 2016
- “In the City: City Park is a historic treasure,” The Coloradoan, November 24, 2015
- “City Park has full history, good future,” The Coloradoan, April 5, 2015
- 2018 – Design / Identify Phase 1 Project / Community Feedback
- 2019 – Phase 1 Construction Begins