Renting 101: Landlord Tenant Handbook
The City of Fort Collins proudly presents Renting 101: Landlord Tenant Handbook. It’s our hope that this handbook will help both landlords and tenants gain a clear understanding of the rights and responsibilities they each have in a residential rental housing agreement, thus reducing the level of conflict and confusion that may occur in these situations.
Renting 101: Landlord Tenant Handbook is not presented as legal advice and is not a legal document. It is a general guide to issues commonly found in the landlord-tenant relationship and is a summary of related State of Colorado and City of Fort Collins residential landlord-tenant law found in the Colorado Revised Statutes (CRS). For more detailed information, you can also view All City of Fort Collins Municipal Codes. The information in this Handbook is subject to change at any time. We make every effort to ensure the information in this Handbook is accurate; any factual errors in the Handbook are unintended. If you need additional assistance seek legal advice.
- Patsi Maroney and Kailee Melendez, City of Fort Collins Mediation Services
- Melanie Clark and Dale Wood, City of Fort Collins Neighborhood Services Department
- Mike Gebo and James Warren, City of Fort Collins Building Code Services Department
- Lindsay Mason, Colorado State University – Off-Campus Life Office
- Captain Bill Porter, Larimer Humane Society/Larimer Animal Protection and Control
- Peter Dauster, Esq.