Summer in the City
A Close-up look at how local government works!
This short term summer camp and service learning program is designed specifically for high school students in partnership with Poudre School District. Students can learn about how their City works, the many career paths available and ways to be civically engaged.
How It Works
Who makes decisions for Fort Collins? Plans the streets? Designs the parks? Makes the water so delicious? The answer is we all have a role in these decisions and it’s time to learn about yours.
What You’ll Do:
- Go on behind-the-scenes tours of City Hall, Police Services, Water Treatment Facilities, and the City's television/production studio and MEET THE MAYOR
- Explore service learning opportunities such as trail maintenance, editing, graffiti abatement, ordinance analysis, and more
- Engage in interactive presentations and exercises with experts from a variety of City departments
- Receive advice and insight into career paths in local government
- Learn about future opportunities such as mentorship and internships
When: Monday June 12 through Thursday June 15 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Where: All over your city!
A detailed itinerary including logistical information will be posted here in mid-May. All students will also be sent a detailed informational email around that same time.
Not a PSD student (home school, charter shcool, etc.)? Apply here!
DEADLINE EXTENDED! Applications due Thursday, June 1 by 11:59 p.m.
*Each organization must provide proof of insurance and sign a liability waiver*