Now accepting nominations for the 2019 Marcile N. Wood Award
The Fort Collins Women's Commission is requesting nominations for the 2019 Marcile N. Wood Award. The annual award was established in 1992 to acknowledge those who have significantly contributed to improving the lives of women and families in our community. Find out more and to submit a nomination, visit http://bit.ly/WoodAward.
3rd Wednesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. | View meeting schedule
Meeting Location is 117 N. Mason, Civic Center Conference Room (East Entrance)
December 31, 2019 - Hannah Little and Shana Ryken
December 31, 2020 - Kori Wilford, Melanie Potyondy and Nadine Nehme
December 31, 2021 - Lexie Kuznick and Vacant Seat
December 31, 2022 - Erma Woodfin and Alyssa de la Torre
The Commission is created for the purpose of enhancing the status of and opportunities for all women in the City. The Commission shall have the ability to:
- Document issues of importance to the status of women in the City;
- Conduct educational programs in the Fort Collins community to increase public awareness and sensitivity to the needs and capabilities of all women;
- Cooperate with other organizations and individuals interested in issues affecting women in the Fort Collins area;
- Review proposed legislation, policy changes or other governmental action at the federal, state or local level that would enhance or otherwise affect the status of women in the City and make recommendations to the City Council regarding the same; and
- Recommend to the City Council the adoption of local legislation or policies that would enhance the status of women in the City.
The Time commitment is 5-8 hours/month
Interested in applying?