Passport Services Suspended Until Further Notice
For the health and safety of the public and staff, passport services provided by the Fort Collins City Clerk's Office are also suspended until further notice.
Customers may continue to apply for renewal of a passport through the mail. Please see www.travel.state.gov for information on how to renew a passport.
Updates on the status of passport agencies is also available at www.travel.state.gov, and information regarding the status of our facility will be posted here.
For further clarification, you may call the City Clerk's Office at 970.221.6515.
Passport processing is by appointment only and scheduled online.
- How long does it take to get my passport?
- Normal service:6-8 weeks from the date of your scheduled appointment
- Expedited service: 3 weeks from the date of your scheduled appointment
- Requirements for First-time and Non-Renewable Passports (Children under 16)
- Application Form: travel.state.gov
- Children under 16 (with or without previous passport)
- Both parents and children must be present.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship (No Photocopies)
- Certified Birth Certificate (State or County issued) -- always required for children under 16
- Naturalization Certificate
- Previous U.S. Passport
- Proof of Identity (must contain signature and photograph)
- Valid Drivers License (not temporary or learner's permit)
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Certificate of Citizenship
- Previous U.S. Passport
- Valid Government or Military ID
- One color photograph: 2" x 2", head only, white background, taken within last 6 months. Photo service available at the Clerk's Office.
- Renewing your U.S. Passport
Adults (received their last passport at age 16 or older) may renew their passport by mail if it was issued less than 15 years ago. Visit: travel.state.gov for renewal form and instructions.
- Passport Fees
- Checks - preprinted with name and address (no temporary/counter checks allowed)
- No credit/debit cards or cash allowed.
Checks Payable to: U.S. Department of State
Basic Service Under 16 Years 16 Years and over Passport 80.00 110.00 Passport Card 15.00 30.00 Optional Services Expedite Fee 60.00 60.00 Express Mail Return to Applicant 17.13 17.13
Checks Payable to: City of Fort Collins
Basic Service Same for All Ages Acceptance Agency Fee 35.00 Optional Services Photos 10.00 Express Mail to Department of State 26.35
- Where else can I get my passport?
Additional passport facilities:
- Larimer County, 200 West Oak, 970-498-7869
- Fort Collins Post Office, 301 East Boardwalk, 970-225-4120