Advises the City Council on policy matters pertaining to the municipal electric system.
Please confirm meeting location and participation options (in-person, hybrid, etc.) by viewing the posted agenda
To improve your search and retrieval experience, you may filter the list of available documents down to boards and commissions by selecting Boards and Commissions (or the name of a specific board, if listed individually) in the Meeting Group box at the top of the page and then clicking on Apply. You can further refine your search by date ranges, also available at the top of the page.
If you're having difficulty accessing or viewing materials for the work session or hearing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Members and Term Expiration Dates
March 31, 2024
- Bill Becker, Stephen Tenbrink (Chair), Bill Althouse, Vanessa Paul (Vice Chair)
March 31, 2025
- Marge Moore, Alan Braslau, Brian Smith
March 31, 2026
- Jeremy Giovando
March 31, 2027
- Thomas Loran
Council Liaison(s): Tricia Canonico
Staff Liaison(s): Phillip Amaya
View archived agendas, minutes, and more.
The duties and functions of the Board shall be:
- To advise the City Council and staff regarding the development and implementation of the City's energy policy;
- To advise the City Council and staff in developing City policies that encourage the incorporation of energy conservation and efficiency, carbon emissions reduction, and renewable energy into the development and provision of City utility services, the design and construction of City transportation projects, and the way in which the City impacts the overall built environment within the City;
- To advise the City Council and staff regarding the alignment of energy programs and policies with City, rate-payer and community values and service delivery expectations;
- To advise the City Council and staff regarding the recommendations for improvements to City energy systems;
- To coordinate with other City boards and commissions regarding energy issues;
- To advise the City Council and staff regarding budgetary, rate-making and operational matters related to the electric utility;
- To annually review and provide advice to City Council and staff on the City's Legislative Policy Agenda regarding energy and energy-related carbon issues; and
- To perform such other duties and functions and have such other powers as may be provided by ordinance of the City Council.
Visionary and innovative thinkers regarding the community's energy future as it relates to the Plan Fort Collins goals for a sustainable community, the Fort Collins Climate Action Plan, Energy Policy, and Green Building Program. Eligibility Requirements One year residency within the Fort Collins Growth Management Area.
Residency within the Fort Collins Growth Management Area