Frequently Asked Questions#
We currently accept young people ages 10-22 who commit chargeable offenses in the City of Fort Collins.
- Fort Collins Municipal Court (ages 10-22)
- 8th Judicial District Attorney’s Office (ages 10-17)
- Law Enforcement
- Probation Department
Both programs charge a $50 program fee with a sliding scale for those that qualify.
- Shoplifting theft
- Trespassing charge due to prior shoplifting theft
- Dine-n-Dash theft from eating establishment
- Theft (not shoplifting)
- Criminal mischief
- Discharging of Weapons
- Throwing missiles
- Disorderly conduct
- Reckless endangerment
- Interference with officer
- Some natural area violations
- Fireworks use/possession
- Fire alarms (false reporting)
- 4th Degree Arson
- Other appropriate cases
Currently 92.8% of participants complete the program successfully.
8.6% of program participants commit another offense and 2% commit the same/similar offense.
- City of Fort Collins –Community Development and Neighborhood Services
- Grant funding from Colorado Department of Public Safety, Office of Adult and Juvenile Justice Assistance, Juvenile Diversion Grants
- LifePointe Church – donated space
Typically Restorative Justice is a one-time opportunity.