Purchasing Surplus Equipment#
The City of Fort Collins may dispose of surplus equipment by auction, trade-in, and by competitive bid.
The City will occasionally solicit bids on items by posting them on this page. When bid proposals list more than one item, bids will be accepted on one or all items. Bids are awarded to the highest responsive, responsible bidder. When it is in the best interest of the City, awards may be made to the highest bidder on a line item basis.
All equipment is sold on an "as is, where is" basis with no warranty expressed or implied. The awarded bidder shall be responsible for arranging and paying for all packing, loading, shipping and any associated fees. All quotations shall be FOB City of Fort Collins, Colorado. Any special requirements, for shipment or otherwise, must accompany your bid.
The City reserves the right to accept bids in the best interest of the City and to negotiate final sale prices. Bids are NOT required on all items. The City reserves the right to accept or reject any bids and to waive any irregularities. Prices quoted must remain firm for a 45-day period after due date.
The awarded bidder must submit funds to the City of Fort Collins Purchasing Department within seven (7) working days after notice of award is received. Only certified check, money order or cash will be accepted as payment. The equipment shall not be released to the successful bidder until certified funds are received.
Online Surplus Auctions#
The City of Fort Collins will occasionally list surplus vehicles, heavy equipment, Utilities equipment, and other miscellaneous items for sale via online auctions:
- In the upper right-hand corner under "Select Region", choose Colorado from the drop-down menu.
- Under Select Agency, choose "City of Fort Collins" from the drop-down menu.
- Click where it says "View All Auctions for City of Fort Collins".
- A listing of surplus items for sale by the City of Fort Collins, by category, will appear if there are any current auctions listed. Click on any listing you wish to view; then click again on the underlined Description to see the detailed item listing.
Notice Of Unclaimed Property#
Various makes and models of cameras, stereos, jewelry, clothing, tools, and other miscellaneous property have not been claimed by their rightful owner and have been retained for the period required by the City of Fort Collins.
If this property is not claimed within ten (10) days it will be either destroyed or disposed of via online auction at www.propertyroom.com/; click on Go To Auctions. Anyone wishing to claim the property as the rightful owner may do so by contacting the Office of Police Services, 2221 S. Timberline Road, Fort Collins, CO 80525, or call for an appointment at 970-221-6835. You will need to have a Police Report or Case Number for missing or stolen property, and proof of ownership if available. (Note: Finders cannot claim weapons or electronic equipment that could contain personal information).
- Unclaimed Property - Black HomemadeTrailer 01/07/2021 (PDF 54.09KB)
- Unclaimed Property - Abandoned Retroride Scooter 01/15/21 (PDF 74.00KB)
- Unclaimed Property - Abandoned Honda Scooter 01/12/21 (PDF 89.46KB)