Sign up for the Downtown Plan Newsletter
What is the Downtown Plan?
The Downtown Plan guides:
- Programs & projects
- Infrastructure investments
- Development patterns
- Character & identity
What topics will the Downtown Plan cover?
The plan will address a broad range of topics, including:
- Arts & Culture
- Downtown Management
- Energy & Environment
- Market & Economy
- Transportation & Parking
- Urban Design
Why does it need to be updated?
- The Downtown Plan was originally adopted by City Council in 1989 and set a vision and course of action for the next 20 years. It played a major role in shaping the downtown you see today.
- The previous plan focused on revitalization and reinvestment in the downtown area. This update will focus on how to manage the success of the downtown for the next 10-20 years.
- A number of other planning efforts and studies were recently completed that should be incorporated into the Downtown Plan (e.g., the Poudre River Downtown Master Plan, citywide Pedestrian Plan, and Bicycle Master Plan).
Downtown Plan Timeline
The Downtown Plan will be developed in five phases in 2015 and 2016:
- Phase 1: Issues Identification (Jan-May 2015)
- Phase 2: A New Vision for Downtown (Jun-Aug 2015)
- Phase 3: Choices & Strategies for Downtown (Sept-Dec 2015)
- Phase 4: Downtown Plan Development (Jan-Aug 2016)
- Phase 5: Implementation Plan & Adoption (Sept-Dec 2016)
The Downtown Plan will be closely coordinated with the Old Town Neighborhoods Plan, which covers the residential areas surrounding downtown
Si necesita ayuda con la traducción o interpretación a Español sobre el Plan del Centro de Fort Collins ("Downtown Plan"), por favor llame al 221-6264.