Take Action during National Preparedness Month
- Dennis Day, Lead Specialist Emergency Management, 970-416-2955, email@example.com
During National Preparedness Month, the City’s Emergency Preparedness and Security (EPS) Office is raising awareness about how community members can best prepare themselves, their families and their pets for emergencies.
Throughout September, EPS is partnering with local businesses to provide emergency preparedness materials at a series of popup events throughout Fort Collins:
- Sept. 6, 10 a.m.-noon: Walmart, 1250 E. Magnolia St.
- Sept. 20, 10 a.m.-noon: Murdoch’s Ranch & Home Supply, 135 Bockman Dr.
- Sept. 24, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.: Open Streets, location details
- Sept. 27, 10 a.m.-noon: Home Depot, 4502 John F Kennedy Pkwy.
“Living in Colorado, we know that emergencies can happen – fires, floods, blizzards, even tornadoes – but many residents do not have a plan in place,” said Emergency Management Lead Specialist Dennis Day. “Taking simple actions now can make a lifesaving difference during an emergency.”
At the popup events community members will receive free emergency preparedness materials and resources to help them prepare for extreme weather and other natural disasters.
Community members can learn more about emergency preparedness, including how to sign up for local community alerts and make an emergency kit, at fcgov.com/eps.