Register to Vote in the 2021 Municipal Election
- Delynn Coldiron, City Clerk, 970-416-2995, firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of Fort Collins municipal election is coming up soon on April 6, 2021. Citizens can register to vote, or check their voter status, by visiting www.fcgov.com/AprilElection.
Election participants can help shape the future of the Fort Collins community by casting their vote for Mayor and City Council seats in Districts 1, 3, and 5. Voters in District 4 will elect a councilmember to serve the remaining two years left by the resignation of former Mayor Pro Tem Kristin Stephens.
Every eligible voter will get to vote on five charter amendments, and two ballot issues. The first relates to regulations on disposable plastic bags, and the second addresses the future use of the former Hughes Stadium property.
Ballots will be mailed by March 19 and can be returned by mail, no postage required, or dropped off at any of the 12 convenient ballot box locations that are open 24 hours a day. All ballots must be received by 7 p.m. on Election Day, April 6.
Ballot Drop Boxes:
- City Hall, 300 Laporte Ave., Parking lot south of building (drive-thru)
- Larimer County Courthouse, 200 W. Oak St., Outside main entrance (walk-up)
- Police Services, 2221 S. Timberline Rd., West end of parking lot (drive-thru)
- South Transit Center, 4915 Fossil Blvd., South end of parking lot (drive-thru)
- Harmony Library, 4616 S. Shields St., Outside building entrance (walk-up)
- Colorado State University Lory Student Center, 1101 Center Avenue Mall
- Northside Aztlan Community Center, 112 E. Willow St., Parking lot behind building (drive-thru)
- Senior Center, 1200 Raintree Dr., Near entrance overhang (drive-thru)
- Traffic Operations, 626 Linden St., Parking lot south of building (drive-thru)
- Elks Lodge, 1424 E. Mulberry St., Driveway on east side of building (drive-thru)
- Larimer County Human Services, 1501 Blue Spruce Dr., Median at east end of parking lot (drive-thru)
- Fort Collins Habitat for Humanity Restore, 4001 S. Taft Hill Rd., Parking lot near southeast corner of building (drive-thru)
Citizens are considered qualified to vote in the municipal election if they meet these requirements:
- All voters must also be 18 years of age or older.
- Resided within Fort Collins city limits for at least 22 days prior to the election date.
Voters may register up to and including Election Day. For questions, please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 970.221.6515.