City selects Deputy City Manager finalists; will host online forum Nov. 9
- Amy Resseguie, Sr. Communications Specialist, 970-416-2738, email@example.com
- Teresa Roche, Chief Human Resources Officer, 970-221-6717, firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of Fort Collins has narrowed its search for its second Deputy City Manager to five finalists who will participate in interviews and selection events with City Council, City staff and community stakeholders the week of Nov. 9, including an online community forum.
Due to COVID-19 public health considerations, all selection activities will take place virtually.
The finalists are:
- Farrell Buller, deputy town administrator and former interim town administrator for the Town of Erie, Colo.
- Lon Pluckhahn, city manager for the City of Marion, Iowa, and former city manager for the cities of Platteville, Wis., and West Liberty, Iowa.
- Kyle Stannert, assistant city manager for the City of Bellevue, Wash.
- Melissa Weiss, director of administrative services for the City of Wauwatosa, Wis., and former assistant village administrator for the Village of Sussex, Wis.
- Mark Woulf, senior manager of economic vitality and business services for the City of Boulder, Colo., and former assistant city manager for the City of Englewood, Colo.
“The deputy city manager plays a key role in the City,” said Fort Collins City Manager Darin Atteberry. “We have an excellent group of candidates, and I look forward to finding the right person to join this organization and community.”
Additional information about each candidate is available at ourcity.fcgov.com/deputy-city-manager.
The City will host an online public forum with the candidates from 6-7:30 p.m. Monday, Nov. 9. Community members are invited to view the forum live online and may submit questions for consideration in advance. Questions will be vetted by the City’s Human Resources staff and may be asked during the public forum or panel interviews that week.
The link and instructions to view the forum will be posted at ourcity.fcgov.com/deputy-city-manager in advance of the event.
This position is one of two deputy city managers in the City of Fort Collins and oversees a wide variety of City departments and services. The deputy city manager works with the city manager and City Council on external matters and collaborates with the executive team to implement the City’s strategic plan and manage internal operations. The City enlisted the support of The Novak Consulting Group to lead the search.