Transfort launches COVID survey for riders
- Anna Russo, Public Engagement Specialist, , YXJ1c3NvQGZjZ292LmNvbQ==
Transfort, the transit agency owned by the City of Fort Collins, released a community survey this week to help the agency understand how community members are making decisions to ride Transfort since the coronavirus outbreak as well as what factors they will consider before resuming transit use.
The survey asks riders about their use of Transfort before and during the outbreak as well as their plans for riding Transfort in the future. Participants will also be able to provide feedback on different actions Transfort has taken or may take to promote safety when using Transfort service.
Feedback from the survey will help guide Transfort’s decision making in the future.
The survey is available at www.fcgov.com/transfortcovidsurvey. The agency encourages all community members to participate, including Colorado State University students, faculty and staff; Poudre School District families and staff; and Front Range Community College students and staff.
Some Transfort routes continue to be suspended following service cuts in March due to decreased ridership. Routes currently suspended are:
- Route 6 (CSU Transit Center to Swallow Station via Mulberry Street and Taft Hill Road)
- Route 7 (CSU Transit Center to Rigden Farm via Shields Street and Drake Road)
- Route 9 (Loop from Downtown Transit Center (DTC) to Overland Trail via Vine and Laporte)
- Route 10 (Loop from DTC to CSU Transit Center via Laporte, Taft Hill and Mulberry)
- Route 11 (South Transit Center to Zeigler Road via Harmony, Taft Hill, and Horsetooth)
- Route 12 (Zeigler Road to South Transit Center via Horsetooth, Foothills Mall, and JFK)
- Route 19 (CSU Transit Center to South Transit Center via Shields)
- Routes 31, 32, 33 92 (CSU and PSD routes)
- Gold Route (Friday and Saturday late night service)
Taxi service is available on suspended routes. Residents can schedule a taxi trip to or from a bus stop along a route that is suspended or to or from another linked bus stop or transit center. Taxi trips can be scheduled by calling 970-225-4831.
Service on Transfort remains fare-free under a separate emergency order and face coverings are required on buses. The agency has also taken action to ensure minimal interaction between passengers and operators and is performing extra cleaning nightly on buses.
For more information about Transfort, including route information, visit ridetransfort.com
For more information about the City’s response to COVID-19, visit fcgov.com/coronavirus.
Business resources related to COVID-19 can be found at www.forfortcollins.com.
Community outreach and resources related to COVID-19 can be found at ourcity.fcgov.com/forfoco.