Celebrate Fourth of July in Fort Collins with Physically-Distanced Activities
The City of Fort Collins is excited to announce a day filled with COVID-responsible activities planned with partners across the City, and Northern Colorado region, to celebrate this year’s Fourth of July holiday.
Schedule of Events:
- Hot Air Balloon Launch: Grab your breakfast and head outside to catch a glimpse of several hot air balloons floating above Fort Collins. With various launch points throughout the city, everyone is sure to see some of the patriotic fun. Balloons are scheduled to take flight around 6 a.m. and stay airborne for several hours, depending on wind conditions.
- Airplane Parade: Starting at 10 a.m., cheer on more than 20 local pilots as they salute first responders with an airplane parade flying over Fort Collins and Loveland. Several of the planes will be carrying COVID-19 front-line responders, including nurses, doctors, respiratory therapists, and assisted living facility workers. Visit fcgov.com/july4th for route details.
- Stars and Trucks Parade: Tip your hats to many of the important services that keep our community running with a driving Stars and Trucks Parade! Bring a blanket or chair and see vehicles big and small including police cars, ambulances and more. The parade begins at 10 a.m., starting near southeast Fort Collins. Full route details will be posted online next week at fcgov.com/july4th. Please maintain physical distancing and wear a face covering to protect those around you when viewing the parade.
- Celebrate #FoCoTogether with Neighbors: Spend the afternoon sharing in neighborhood celebrations and activities including:
- Chalk Across FoCo Contest, sponsored by Neighborhood Services
- Share a front yard cookout
- Decorate your front porch
- Crank your favorite tunes for a driveway dance party
- Get Social!: Check out The Gardens on Spring Creek (@TheGardensonSpringCreek) and Fort Collins Museum of Discovery (@FoCoMOD) on social media for some Fourth of July history and fun.
- Pop-up Micro-Concerts: Presented in conjunction with Bohemian Nights, local bands will travel to surprise destinations throughout the city for instantaneous live micro-concerts! Performances are scheduled to begin around 1 p.m. Note: To minimize gathering, performance locations are not being announced.
- Musical Tribute from The Lincoln Center: Presented in conjunction with Bohemian Nights, tune in to a video stream from The Lincoln Center (@FoCoLincolnCtr) to hear local bands, capped off with a performance from the Fort Collins Symphony playing a rousing patriotic set. Details on how to access the video stream will be posted on the Fourth of July webpage and social media.
- Drive-In Fireworks Show: The City of Fort Collins has partnered with the City of Loveland, Larimer County, Larimer County Sheriff's Office and The Ranch Event Complex to host a drive-in fireworks show. Entry begins at 7:30 p.m., with limited spaces available. Visit cityofloveland.org/government/july-4-2020 for full details.
Follow along on social media using the hashtag #FoCo4th for updates, activities, and photos.
For more information regarding Fourth of July activities, visit fcgov.com/july4th.