Linden Street Renovation Project Second Open House
Show archived press release
- Jill Marx, Public Relations Coordinator, 970-221-6951, am1hcnhAZmNnb3YuY29t
- Kyle Lambrecht, Civil Engineer, 970-221-6566, a2xhbWJyZWNodEBmY2dvdi5jb20=
The City of Fort Collins is hosting a second open house for the Linden Street Renovation Project between 4 and 6 p.m., September 30 at the Art Lab, 239 Linden Street. The project team will present their recommended design, ways to mitigate the loss of on-street parking associated with the recommended design, and a summary of outreach done as part of the conceptual design phase.
This project will renovate the section of Linden Street between Jefferson Street and Walnut Street. The vision is to transform this section of Linden into a “convertible street,” which is a roadway that can be closed to vehicular and bicycle traffic and transformed into a pedestrian gathering space during specialty events.
Project goals include:
- “Bridge the gap” between Old Town and the Downtown River District through creative urban design
- Create a flexible space for standard roadway use that can also support a variety of events
- Create a safe urban street that promotes pedestrian traffic to Old Town to support year-round economic vitality
- Provide sustained stakeholder engagement throughout the project
- Honor the historic character of Linden Street while planning for future growth of Fort Collins
- Design, construct and maintain a world-class experience for Linden Street
The overall project budget is $3.8 million, with the design being performed in 2019 and construction planned for 2020. For more information visit fcgov.com/lindenstreet.