Northwest Bicycle and Pedestrian Connections
Show archived press release
- David Young, Communications Specialist, 970-221-6882, ZHlvdW5nQGZjZ292LmNvbQ==
Beginning this summer, the City of Fort Collins will be completing several new connections for pedestrians and bicyclists in northwest Fort Collins near Vine and Taft Hill.
Together these projects will improve safety and connectivity to schools, the Poudre Trail, the Boys & Girls Club and other nearby destinations.
The following projects are included:
- A paved trail connecting between Lincoln Middle School/Lancer Drive and the Poudre Trail.
- A soft-surface trail connecting between Taft Hill and Vine in the Puente Verde Natural Area (west of Lancer).
- A separated bicycle and pedestrian lane on the south side of Vine connecting from the Puente Verde Natural Area trail to Hannah Drive.
- A protected two-way bike lane on the eastern leg of Lancer connecting Vine to the new Poudre Trail spur trail.
- New or upgraded pedestrian and bicycle crossings at Vine and Lancer, and on Taft Hill connecting the new Puente Verde Natural Area trail and an existing trail on the west side of Taft Hill Road.
Construction is expected to begin on these projects later this summer and will likely continue through early fall. Construction will include minor roadway widening and restriping along W. Vine Drive – this work is expected to occur over the course of one week in August and will require some lane closures. Additional construction notifications will be provided for residents and available on the City’s website.
A grand opening for all projects will be scheduled when they are finished.
Learn more at fcgov.com/nwtrailconnections.