Transfort Partners with Homeward Alliance for “Stuff the Bus” Events March 25 – 29
- David Young, Communications Specialist, 970-221-6882, ZHlvdW5nQGZjZ292LmNvbQ==
Transfort, the City of Fort Collins transit agency, Homeward Alliance and local businesses are partnering this month to help those experiencing homelessness in our community by collecting donations March 25 - 29 during the “Stuff the Bus” event.
A Transfort bus will be at five locations collecting new and used outerwear, boots, shoes, non-perishable food items, rain coats and more to distribute throughout the community.
Homeward Alliance’s mission is to empower individuals who face homelessness to survive, move forward and thrive. Collection times and locations are below:
- Monday, March 25 | 9 a.m. – Noon | Walkway behind 222 LaPorte Ave.
- Tuesday, March 26 | 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. | Foothills Mall, JFK Pkwy. & Monroe Dr.
- Wednesday, March 27 | 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. | Canvas Credit Union, 2503 Research Blvd.
- Thursday, March 28 | Noon – 5 p.m. | CSU, University Ave. in front of Hartshorn
- Friday, March 29 | 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. | Brinkman & Brinkman Construction, 3528 Precision Dr.
“People who are homeless need housing—first and foremost—but in the absence of permanent, affordable housing options for everyone, we must ensure that the people we serve have the basics: the outerwear, outdoor gear and other items that they need to survive and meet basic needs. Stuff the Bus yields supplies (donations) that literally save lives—but the event also unites the community and raises awareness about the collective efforts to make homelessness rare, short-lived and non-recurring. Thank you to Transfort, Slate Communications and all of our Stuff the Bus partners for your amazing support!" - David Rout, Executive Director Homeward Alliance