Transfort Announces Route Revisions Starting August 25, 2014
Show archived press release
- Timothy Wilder, Transfort Service Development Manager, 970-416-2113, dHdpbGRlckBmY2dvdi5jb20=, Website: http://www.ridetransfort.com/
Effective Monday, August 25, 2014, Transfort starts route revisions to the service in Fort Collins, based on public feedback received in 2013-2014. In particular, Transfort will be modifying routes 5, 6, 12 and 16, and will be making minor adjustments to MAX departure times to enhance transfers. A series of service enhancements at Colorado State University (CSU) are also scheduled.
All changes are posted on Transfort’s website, ridestransfort.com, and are available at the Downtown Transit Center, Colorado State University Transit Center and the new South Transit Center, 4915 Fossil Blvd., south of Harmony near Fairway Lane and S. College Ave.
Following is a list of route alignment changes that will be in effect starting August 25:
Route Alignment Changes
- Route 5: New alignment near Foothills Mall
- Route 6: New alignment along Mulberry Street, alignment to replace Route 20 on JFK Parkway, and service to the South Transit Center
- Route 12: Route adjusted to serve the South Transit Center via West Horsetooth and Harmony roads, and new alignment near Foothills Mall
- Route 16: West Harmony Road to be served by adjusted Route 12
- MAX: Departure times from the South Transit Center will shift back three minutes
Following is a list of enhancements scheduled to take place at Colorado State University (CSU):
Service Enhancement at CSU
- Around the Horn, a new shuttle service at CSU, will provide a free, quick, efficient way to move around campus and help faculty, staff and students be mobile on campus using alternative transportation.
- Around the Horn is paid for through CSU Parking and Transportation Services and ASCSU student fees
- The Horn will be made possible with the use of three City Transfort buses and identified by decal wraps in a CSU theme.
- Around the Horn will run every ten minutes (starting August 25) to 13 stops on campus. It is open to the public to ride and launched on August 18.
- In addition to the shuttle across camps and MAX, Transfort is also starting service to the University’s Foothills campus, Veterinary Teaching Hospital and additional routes down Elizabeth Street.
August 25 also marks the day that MAX will start charging a fare to ride. Transfort Ambassadors stationed along the MAX route to assist riders with ticket vending machines and route information throughout the first week of fare implementation.
New Rider Tools Help Customers Access Real-Time Bus Arrival Information
Transfort rolled out numerous new rider technologies this summer that make accessing bus information and alerts easier than ever. Bus arrival information is available on ridetransfort.com, a mobile app (Ride Transfort) downloadable through the iTunes and Android app stores, an automated phone system (970.221.6620), SMS Texting, and message displays at MAX stations.
Transfort is the City of Fort Collins’ public transportation provider. Transfort offers friendly, safe, convenient bus service in Fort Collins and beyond. MAX Bus Rapid Transit, Dial-A-Ride, FLEX and the Green and Gold routes are all services of Transfort. The system was named “Large Transit System of the Year” at the 2013 Colorado Association of Transit Agencies (CASTA)/Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) Fall Transit Conference and Expo. For more information about Transfort services and programs, please visit ridetransfort.com or call 970.221.6620.