Learn More About the Risks of Radon in Your Home
- Jill Marx, Communications Specialist, 970-221-6951, email@example.com
- Selina Lujan, Senior Air Quality Specialist, 970-224-6129, firstname.lastname@example.org
While it may not feel like it outside, fall is only a few weeks away. With cooler weather approaching, the City of Fort Collins is encouraging community members to learn more about the risks of radon in their homes. Radon is a colorless, odorless, and naturally occurring gas that is the second leading cause of lung cancer.
Radon gas enters homes and other buildings through cracks and openings in basements, crawl spaces, and slabs. Radon levels vary from house to house and have nothing to do with the age, upkeep, or quality of the building; however, Colorado homes are at a greater risk for high radon levels.
Join us in September and October at upcoming educational events to learn more.
- September 21, (12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.) Virtual Event Zoom Link!
- September 22, (6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.) Virtual Event Zoom Link!
Free radon kits will be mailed to each participating home
- October 1, (2:00 p.m. - 5 p.m.) In - Person Event: Lyric Cinema: 1209 N College Ave.
Please RSVP here!
Snacks, refreshments, and free radon test kits will be provided at the in-person event. Plus, a raffle for a $25 VISA gift card, a fun activity for kids and radon stories shared by a lung cancer survivor, advocate and caregiver.
For more information on radon and its health impacts, visit fcgov.com/radon.