Celebrate Independence Day 2021 with a variety of local activities
- Aaron Harris, Interim Director of Recreation, 970-416-2225, email@example.com
- Mike Calhoon, Director of Parks, 970-416-2079, firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: fcgov.com/parks
The City of Fort Collins is excited to announce the 2021 schedule of events planned along with partners across the City, and Northern Colorado region, to celebrate Independence Day this year.
“While activities this year look different than years past, we are excited to partner again with other local communities to safely share in the joy and celebratory spirit of Independence Day,” Fort Collins City Manager Darin Atteberry said. “We are encouraged to see positive progress regarding Covid-19 impacts in Fort Collins and look forward to a hopeful return of regular event festivities, such as our local fireworks display, in 2022.”
Schedule of Events:
- Hot Air Balloon Launch: Grab your breakfast and head outside to catch a glimpse of several hot air balloons floating above Fort Collins. With various launch points throughout the city, everyone is sure to see some of the patriotic fun. Balloons are scheduled to take flight around 6 a.m. and stay airborne for several hours, depending on wind conditions. Location of balloon launches will be announced online at fcgov.com/july4th closer to the event date.
- Stars & Stripes Golf Tournament: Held at City Park Nine, registration is open through July 2 for two-player teams. Contact City Park Nine Pro Shop for more details.
- Driving Motorcade Parade: Tip your hats to many of the important services that keep our community running with a driving Motorcade Parade! Bring a blanket or chair and see vehicles big and small including police cars, ambulances and more. The parade begins at 10 a.m., starting near southeast Fort Collins. Full route details will be posted online at fcgov.com/july4th.
- Drive-In Fireworks Show: The City of Fort Collins has partnered again this year with the City of Loveland and Larimer County to host a drive-in fireworks show. Entry to the fireworks viewing at The Ranch is free, with gates at the south entrance opening for vehicle entry at 6 p.m. Visit lovegov.org/july4th for full details.
Follow along on social media using the hashtag #FoCo4th for updates, activities, and photos. For more information regarding Fourth of July activities, visit fcgov.com/july4th.