City of Fort Collins updates website to improve mobile experience
- Amy Resseguie, Sr. Communications Specialist, 970-416-2738, email@example.com
- Jim Thome, Application Software Development, 970-416-2621, firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of Fort Collins has updated its website, www.fcgov.com, to enhance the experience for mobile users, improve navigation, and make common tasks easier for users to access.
The majority of traffic to the City’s website now comes from mobile devices, rather than a traditional desktop or laptop computer. Mobile devices have smaller screens, slower networks, and are typically touch-enabled. The design updates to www.fcgov.com are intended to improve the mobile user experience through:
- A look and feel on smartphones that is similar to a native app experience
- Pages that load faster on slower cell networks
- Simplified navigation that makes better use of smaller screens
- Menus and links that are more easily accessible on touch-enabled devices
The website has broad support for all modern browsers as well as assistive technologies for sight-impaired users. Visitors using a desktop computer will also benefit from the streamlined design and improved navigation to conduct business with the City.