Nature's Harvest Fest welcomes new season, September 16
FORT COLLINS - The Gardens on Spring Creek, 2145 Centre Avenue, in partnership with Larimer County Natural Resources and Fort Collins Natural Areas invites the community to celebrate adventures in NoCo's big backyard by visiting Nature’s Harvest Fest on Saturday, September 16 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Gardens on Spring Creek.
Presented by Poudre Pet & Feed Supply, this family friendly and educational event brings together a one-day celebration of all things nature and harvest in our community. The event offers free demos & workshops, animal experiences, two butterfly releases, local music and food, fun children’s activities and games, and a marketplace of festival fun.
• Free workshops with topics ranging from honey bees, making sauerkraut, urban raptors up close, and bird banding;
• Fresh apple cider pressing, along with garden produce tastings;
• Live music throughout the day including: Jameson Duo & Lorna’s Swingset;
• Visit and learn about snakes by the Herpetological Society;
• Spellbinding Nature Stories by Spellbinders of Larimer County;
• Live butterfly releases courtesy of Nature in the City;
• Meet the farm animals of Front Range Ranch & Rescue;
• Kids’ scavenger hunt with Associates in Family Medicine;
• Chicken keeping in the city with Urban Overalls;
• Local food by Farm Fusion and Divine Ice Cream;
• Free facepainting for kids
Although there is no fee to attend the festival, a suggested donation of $5 per adult and $2 per child is appreciated.
Special thanks to our sponsors which include Poudre Pet & Feed Supply, Ed Carroll Motor Company, Savory Spice Shop, Nature in the City, ValPak, City of Fort Collins Fort Fund, Fort Collins Coloradoan, KUNC 91.5 FM, Colorado Sound 105.5 FM, Fort Collins Utilities, OtterCares Foundation, Wild Birds Unlimited, Bird Conservancy of the Rockies, Associates in Family Medicine, Eye Center of Northern Colorado, and Fort Collins Nursery.
For more information and a detailed schedule at Nature’s Harvest Festival, please visit www.fcgov.com/gardens.