Lead | Explore | Collaborate | Give Back |Join ROOTS!
In ROOTS Club you will:
- Establish ROOTS in your community
- Participate in grass-ROOTS stewardship efforts
- Stay true to your ROOTS while branching out with new friends
ROOTS will meet about twice a month on Wednesdays from 3:30 – 5:00 p.m. April-August at the Fort Collins Museum of Discovery. (Dates and times subject to change based on groups needs). Monthly field trips are on Saturdays or Poudre School District days off. ROOTS is for all youth 12-17 years old. It is free! Field trip transportation is provided and assistance with transportation to meetings is available.
ROOTS is a pilot program that was designed in response to a growing need for youth engagement in the summer months. Our goal is that this program will grow and develop with the help of partnerships, as well as, feedback from both parents and youth who participate. Your feedback is welcome!
- Put your ideas into action as part of a youth-driven and youth-directed club
- Explore the outdoors and give back with new friends
- Network with community organizations making a difference
- Opportunity for continued involvement with the City of Fort Collins Natural Areas Department
- Challenge yourself with likeminded peers
- Build job skills
- Free food
- Free transportation to field trips
EXPECTATIONS OF ROOTS CLUB MEMBERS
- Commit to attending all meetings and field trips, or arranging for an excused absence.
- Participate fully to the best of your ability.
- Be kind to other club members and follow group-established ground rules.
- Sign the City of Fort Collins waiver, parent/guardian signature also required. -
ROOTS Club Activities
- Team building
- Outdoor exploration
- Leadership development
- Identify problems and work towards a solution
- Hands-on outdoor service project
- Network with natural resource agencies
- Take action!
The Club will meet (Dates and times subject to change based on groups needs):
Wednesday, April 4th – 3:30-5:00
Friday, April 13th (School Out Day @ PSD) – Hike 9:00-3:00
Wednesday, May 2nd - 3:30-5:00
Thursday, May 31st (Half Day @ PSD) – Hike 1:30-5:00
Wednesday, June 6th - 3:30-5:00
Wednesday, June 20th - 3:30-5:00
Wednesday, July 11th - 3:30-5:00
Saturday, July 21st - Hike 9:00-1:00
Wednesday, July 25th - 3:30-5:00
Wednesday, Aug 8th – End of year retreat / Family night 3:30-5:00
Ready to Apply?
- Apply through our volunteer database by March 30. No ID required. (Please ignore the drivers license question on the application).
- Once your application is submitted, you will be contacted by a natural areas staff member with a follow-up phone call.
- First club meeting is April 4th.