Street Closures, Alternative Transportation, & Tow Location#
All interior streets of City Park will be closed to vehicular traffic from 11 p.m. on Monday, July 3 until midnight on Tuesday, July 4.
- From Laporte Ave. to Mountain Ave. 6-10 a.m.
- Full closure from Oak St. to Mulberry St. 6 a.m.-midnight
- From Mountain Ave. to Oak St. from 6 a.m. to noon
- Eastbound lane closure from Taft Hill Rd. to Grandview Ave. 6-10 a.m.
- Full closure from Jackson Ave. to Scott Ave. 6 a.m.-11 p.m.
- Eastbound lane closure from Grandview Ave. to Jackson Ave. 6-10 a.m. (Firecracker 5k)
- Westbound from Howes St. to Jackson Ave. from 6 a.m.-noon (City Parade)
- Eastbound from McKinley Ave. to Howes St. 6 a.m.-noon (City Parade)
- Side streets leading to Mountain Ave. will also be impacted by the parade. View the partial street closure map here.
- Westbound lane closure from Taft Hill Rd. to Shields St., 6-10 a.m.
- Complete lane closure from Taft Hill Rd. to Shields St., 5 p.m.-midnight
- Full closure from Scott St. to Jackson Ave. 6-noon
- Full closure Jackson Ave. to Scott Ave. 6 a.m.-11:00 p.m.
- From Mountain Ave. to Oak St. 6 a.m.-midnight (no park only)
- Full closure from Mulberry St. to Oak St. 6-10 a.m.
Taft Hill Road:
- Northbound lane closure from Mulberry St. to Laporte Ave. 6-10 a.m.
Cars Parked on the Street will be Towed
Cars parked on the streets mentioned above will be towed to the North Ballfield at City Park by the Housing Catalyst.
Where Can I Park?#
Looking for Parade Parking?
Parking near the parade route can be a bit of a challenge! The parade will travel westbound on Mountain Avenue between Howes Street and Jackson Avenue.
We suggest parking on nearby streets and walking to Mountain Avenue. Or, consider parking in Old Town in one of the parking structures, and walking along Mountain Avenue until you find the perfect viewing spot.
Trying to Get to City Park Pool?
While parking is available near City Park Pool, a drop-off zone is located near Firehouse #2 on S. Bryan Avenue, in City Park. Access can be found via Mulberry Street and S. Bryan Avenue.
Please note, Mulberry Street will be completely closed to vehicle traffic from 5 p.m. to midnight, between Taft Hill Road and Shields Street.
Want to Park For Food Trucks, Live Music, and Fireworks?
Parking in and around the perimeter of City Park will be limited on July 4. It is recommended to park in surrounding neighborhoods and walk into the park. Handicap-accessible parking will be available in designated parking spots on the south side of Sheldon Lake on Mulberry Street.
Consider riding your bike and parking it on provided bike racks near the corner of Mulberry Street and Sheldon Drive. Or, catch a ride with Transfort - they'll be offering shuttle service to and from City Park all day!