Neighborhood Night Out
Neighborhood Night Out (NNO) is an annual, nationwide event falling on the first Tuesday in August. The night is geared towards community building and safety. In Fort Collins, Neighborhood Services encourages neighbors to get together for events large and small. By registering with us, you will receive a goodie-bag with useful items for the event, the host will receive a free t-shirt and your event will be added to a map of all NNO events. This map is given to police, fire, and City Councilmembers for potential visits.
How To Plan Your Event
Online Registration is currently closed - It will open during the summmer. Please contact our office if you have any questions.
NNO Invite Template
- Talk to a few other neighbors so you have some help. As with planning any event, the more the merrier!
- Decide what kind of event you want to have: a block party, cookout or potluck, ice cream social, or bike parade.
- Pick a time and a place. The most common choice is someone's yard or a nearby park. Remember, if you want to block off any public street you will need to complete a special event permit.
- Register your event with Neighborhood Services. Registration will open this summer.
- Think about applying for a neighborhood grant to offset costs. Visit our grants page for applications and more info.
- Spread the word. Let your neighbors know what is planned. If you need help with the flyer/invite, check out our Word template. You can make free copies of your flyers and invites at Neighborhood Services.
- Depending on what your event is, encourage neighbors to bring something: lawn chairs, potluck items, BBQ grills, ice cream toppings, and their own plates, cups, bowls, and utensils (to avoid disposables and creating a lot of trash).
- Other ideas for you: If you have a neighborhood fire station, invite them directly. Try creating a "contact map" of the neighborhood so everyone has emergency numbers for each household.
- If you plan to use your neighborhood park for your event, please complete a park use form and fax it to Parks at 970-221-6849.
Online Registration for your Neighborhood Night Out will be available this summer. We encourage you to register your event online once registration is available. If you have any questions please contact Neighborhood Services at 970-224-6046.