Neighborhood Services is excited to offer grants to Fort Collins neighborhoods! Neighborhood grants will be available during three cycles in 2013. Grant amounts range from $25 to $500 and can be put towards any event which builds community and benefits everyone in the neighborhood. Planning a neighborhood clean-up? See our tip sheet. Please note: Larimer County offers a 50% discount on one 30-yard roll-off per neighborhood per year. For more details, please contact us.
What type of activities are Eligible?
Eligible activities may include:
- neighborhood clean-ups,
- block parties or potlucks,
- beautification projects, and
- neighborhood gateway projects.
Ineligible activities include:
- political campaigning,
- alcohol purchase,
- homeowner association business expenses, and
- projects on private property.
How ARE Grants Evaluated?
Grants are evaluated based on the following criteria:
- fostering positive neighbor relationships,
- building a sense of pride in one's neighborhood and community,
- number of neighbors participating and benefiting from event, and
- matching donations and volunteer hours contributed to event.
As the grant program gets more popular and more competitive, it is important to emphasize your neighborhood's contributions and any donations on your grant application. To help demonstrate this, we have created a sample budget for your use.
The City of Fort Collins has a strong commitment to sustainability and will not consider funds for paper plates, napkins, and other disposable items. Instead, we encourage neighbors to provide their own which will also reduce the amount of trash created.
The deadlines for 2013 are March 15, July 22, and August 16. The July 22 deadline is for Neighborhood Night Out events only. If you need a paper copy of the application, please contact us.