The 2013-2014 Biennial Budget was adopted by City Council in November 2012, and outlines the services the City will provide for the two-year budget term of Jan. 1, 2013-Dec. 31, 2014.
The City of Fort Collins uses the Budgeting For Outcomes model to create the City budget, which means we first start by defining community Outcomes:
- Economic Health – Fort Collins has a healthy, sustainable economy reflecting community values.
- Environmental Health – Fort Collins promotes, protects, and enhances a healthy and sustainable environment.
- Community and Neighborhood Livability – Fort Collins provides a high quality built environment and supports quality, diverse neighborhoods.
- Safe Community – Fort Collins provides a safe place to live, work, learn, and play.
- Culture and Recreation – Fort Collins provides diverse cultural and recreational amenities.
- High Performing Government – Fort Collins exemplifies an efficient, innovative, transparent, effective, and collaborative city government.
- Transportation – Fort Collins provides for safe and reliable multi-modal travel to, from, and throughout the city.
The 2013–2014 Budget will outline and fund the services and programs that will help us accomplish these priorities. New this year: In addition to staff, one community representative will sit on the Result Teams for each of the above areas.