Sales Tax Update
December sales tax collections are based on retail sales made in November 2011, but also includes delinquent collections from prior periods.
Due to the .85% tax increase, tax collections are no longer an accurate comparison for year-to-year activity. Instead, the monthly sales and use tax report will also include net taxable amounts, which are the amount of goods sold or purchased that are subject to sales or use tax.
Please visit http://www.fcgov.com/salestax to read the complete report.
- Net Taxable Subject to Sales Tax: $189.5 million, an increase of 7.1 % compared to December 2010.
- Keep Fort Collins Great collections: $1.6 million
- Nationally, November sales tax collections increased 6.7% compared to Fort Collins’ increase of 7.1%.
- Net Taxable Subject to Use Tax: $31.4 million, an increase of 2.9% compared to December 2010.
- Building Permit receipts increased 9.7% compared to December 2010.
- Sales Tax Licenses: The City received 75 new applications for sales tax licenses and 157 businesses terminated their licenses in December. There were 10,590 active sales tax licenses at the end of November.