Sales Tax update
March sales tax collections are based on retail sales made in February 2010.
- Sales Tax:
- $4,897,928 million, an increase of 8.5 percent compared to March 2009. The March collections are $430,768 higher than the amount expected according to the sales tax seasonal patterns. The City received a one-time sales tax payment of approximately $200,000 from a taxpayer in the Home Furnishings and Consumer Electronics category. After the one time payment is deducted, total sales tax collections for March 2010 would be up 4.1% and the year to date sales tax collections would be down 1.6%.
- Use Tax:
- $700,000, an increase of 33 percent compared to March 2009. The City is below budget projections for the month by $54,809 when compared to historical data.
- National collections:
- March sales tax collections (from February retail sales) increased 4.4 percent compared to Fort Collins' increase of 8.5 percent. Building permit collections: increased 27.2 percent.
Building permit collection:
Residential Permits pulled:
- 23, compared to 15 in March 2009. Residential remodels: 58 permits. In March 2009 there were 61 remodel permits.
- Commercial Permits pulled:
- 1 permit for new construction, 25 for remodeling. In March 2009 zero permits were pulled for new construction, 22 permits for remodeling.
- Sales Tax License:
- 95 net new licenses were issued.