News Headlines From Across the Country
Fort Collins has been in the news lately; the virtues of our environment, our innovation economy, and our quality of life are spotlighted in these rankings and lists.
- 10 Great Places for Entrepreneurs to Retire. U.S. News and World Report.
- Fort Collins joins Madison, Wisconsin, West Des Moines, Iowa and Arlington, Virginia as best places for those who may have finished their “real” career and have chosen a new locale to start a business or open a franchise.
- Top 10 Metro Areas for Inventors. State Science & Technology Institute OR Office of the University Economist at Arizona State University.
- According to the data, Fort Collins has 1.96 inventors for every 1,000 resident, that’s the fourth highest in the country.
- Smarter Cities, #3 Natural Resources Defense Council
- Fort Collins is proud to make the top three of “Smarter Cities”. The NRDC spotlights the importance of UniverCity Connections and the City’s commitment to climate change, the FortZED initiative, and the connectivity of Mason Corridor’s multi-modal transportation.
- Where to Live Cheaply, #9 Forbes.com
- Forbes looked at statistical data from the U.S. Office of Management and Budget to pick out the top 100 most affordable places to live. Categories that were ranked: salary, unemployment, culture, and crime. Fort Collins-Loveland area finished in the top 10.