Posted on: Sep-13-2013
Please Note:This press release is over 180 days old and may contain inaccurate information
FORT COLLINS, CO – The most recent information regarding the flooding status of the city follows:
• Taft Hill Road bridge and Lemay Avenue north and south of Mulberry Street have opened; Mulberry remains closed.
• Two Red Cross shelters remain open: Tavelli Elementary School at 1118 Miramont Drive and Timberline Church at 2908 S. Timberline Road (just south of Drake Road on Timberline Road); phone number for Timberline Church is 970-207-6130. Red Cross information is available at www.redcross.org/safeandwell.
• Poudre River stream flow is significantly lower than it was Thursday night, but emergency crews will continue to monitor the situation Friday night.
• Recreation facilities, Lincoln Center and The Museum of Discovery will be open as usual Saturday, Sept. 14. Parks will be open but athletic fields will remain closed.
• The National Weather Service tonight expects light rain showers into the evening tomorrow; an increased chance of rainfall with higher intensity throughout the northern area.
• Residents returning to their homes should go to the following websites for key information on how to manage conditions at their home:
• Press releases and social media will continue to be updated periodically.
Fort Collins Utilities will continue to update flooding information at www.fcgov.com/oem.