Police Records Release
Police reports can be requested in person or by mail.
To request reports by mail:
- Download and print the records request form.
- Complete all fields in the top box.
- Include your phone number.
- Records can be released via e-mail, fax or U.S. Postal Service
- Sign and date below the pecuniary gain statement.
- Include a check and/or money order.
- Mail the completed form to Fort Collins Police Services Records, PO Box 580, Fort Collins, CO 80522.
- Call (970) 221-6540 and selection Option 1 to speak with a Fort Collins Police Records employee to assist with your request.
NOTE: There may be times when a record is not releasable to the public.
Denial Of Inspection Of Records - 24-72-305
Record requests may be denied for the following reasons:
- Inspection or release is contrary to state statute
- Inspection or release is contrary to Supreme Court rule or order of any court
- Inspection or release is contrary to the public interest (i.e. investigative file material (whether the case is open or closed), intelligence information, information regarding security procedures of Sheriff, District Attorney or Police Department.)
Effective August 6, 2008
|Fee for Criminal Justice Records - Search,Retrieval and Redaction (plus copy charge)||$7.50|
|Copy of Report||$.25 per page|
|Certified Copies||$5.00 (+ copy of report)|
|Photographs (includes search fee and cost of CD)||$23.00 per hour minimum/up to $30.00|
|RMS Searches (ad hoc reports)||$7.50|
|Special Searches - requiring the creation of a new record, manipulation of data or expertise of computer systems personnel||$30.00 per hour|
|Dispatch Recordings (includes search fee, supervisory review of recording, and cost of CD)||$23.00 minimum/up to $30.00 per hour|
|Other Recording (cassette, video, CD or DVD) (includes review and cost of medium)||$23.00 minimum/up to $30.00 per hour|
|General Directives Manual||$55.00|